Save On Water Bills 

Save On Water Bills 

How to increase household income 

Water Meter: 

Consider having a water meter if you are under occupying your home ie 1 person living in a 2 bedroom property or 2 people in a 3 bedroom home. If you switch to a water meter you will have a trial period of at least 12 months during which time if your charges are higher then you can switch back to your old fixed charges. 

Single Occupier Tariff: 

If you live on your own and have asked for a water meter but one cannot be fitted at your home then you may be eligible for the single assessed charge which will reduce your bill. 

Watersure Scheme: 

To get support through the WaterSure Scheme, you or somebody in your household must recieve at least one of the eligible State benefits, and have a medical condition that required the use of extra water. 

Eligible benefits 

You may be eligible for support through WaterSure if you or anyone in your household receives the following: 
Housing Benefit 
Income Support 
Working Tax Credit 
Child Tax Credit (other than the basic element of £547.50) 
Pension Credit 
Universal Credit 
Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance 
Income-related Employment and Support Allowance 
Disability Living Allowance or Personal Independence Payment 
You or somebody in your household must also have a medical condition requiring an increased use of water. 

Eligible medical conditions 

You may be eligible for WaterSure if anyone in your household has a medical condition requiring significant water use. Those conditions could include: 
Desquamation (flaky skin disease) 
Weeping skin disease (eczema, psoriasis, varicose ulceration) 
Abdominal stoma 
Crohn’s disease 
Ulcerative colitis 
Renal failure requiring home dialysis 
Any condition that a doctor confirms requires extra water use would be eligible. If you meet the criteria and use our sewerage and water services, we’ll make sure your bill is capped. 
Your bill is capped at our average yearly charge. For 2021 to 2022 the reduced charges for the WaterSure scheme are £190.75 for water and £177.91 for sewerage. A total of £368.66. 
If your meter reading is lower than the capped amount, you will only pay for the water you have used. 

 Need advice? Call the Money and Energy Hub on 0116 254 5168  

Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. Accept cookies and close
Reject cookies Manage settings